As we begin the 2020-2021 school year, we do so under very difficult times as the Covid-19 Virus has really taken a toll on the entire world as we know it. No one knows how it will affect students and teachers as fall school begins. As we focus our efforts to contribute to CTE programs by offering training and other resources, we pledge to do our best under the circumstances and to follow all current social distancing, wearing of masks, keeping facilities clean and other practices that are recommended by health officials.
The Resource Center will schedule teacher update workshops as we have in the past. We also will have an alternate plan for any workshops that may need to be postponed. It is important that CTE teachers have opportunities to keep up with the latest industry trends. Below are our tentative workshop[s dates as well as locations. Keep in mind that we are holding most workshops later in the school year hoping that the current virus situation will be better.
- January 21/22, 2021 – Cosmetology, Shelton State Community College, Tuscaloosa
- February 4/5, 2021 – Automotive / Collision Repair, Bevill State CC, Sumiton
- February 11/12, 2021 – Electrical, Birmingham Electrical JATC, Birmingham
- February 18/19, 2021 – Carpentry, Central Alabama Carpenters and Millwrights Training Center
- February 25/26, 2021 – Welding, Tuscaloosa Local 372 (Note: there will be no Industry/Student event this year).
The annual Team Build Contest has been postponed at this time. We are committed to hold this contest during the 2020-2021 school year if possible. Updates will be posted here as they become available.
At this time, NOCTI Testing will not be scheduled again until March 2021.